Contact Us

Contact Us

Munster Branch:

(219) 836-5870

Hammond Branch:

(219) 931-1015

Dyer Branch:

(219) 322-5005


(219) 365-6700

Lost or Stolen Card:


Home » What-do-i-do

Security Center
I'm A Victim - What Do I Do Now?

If you ever know or suspect that you are a victim of identity theft or any sort of fraud, there are several things you should do.

  • Contact one of the three major credit reporting agencies to report the fraud and request that they place a "fraud alert" on your account
    • Equifax = = 1-800-525-6285
    • Experian = = 1-800-397-3742
    • Trans-Union = = 1-800-680-7289
    • Note: You only need to contact one agency, as they will then contact the other two
  • Review your credit reports for other fraud that you may not have found yet
  • Contact the police to report the crime and request a copy of the report
  • Contact the Federal Trade Commission at to make a report
  • Contact your bank and let them know
  • Contact any business likely to be affected and let them know
  • Keep good records of everything you do, when you do it, and whom you speak with